Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
1000 Catawba Street
Columbia, SC 29208
|LinkedIn:||My LinkedIn profile|
Dr. Harik, a Fulbright Scholar, is a faculty member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of South Carolina and a resident researcher at the McNAIR Center for Aerospace Innovation and Research. He is currently a visiting Research Scientist at NASA Langley, conducting research in Automated Fiber Placement. His education joins Mechanical Engineering (Masters of Science), Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology (Masters of Science) and Industrial/Mechanical Engineering (Doctor of Philosophy). He mainly teaches courses in Computer Aided Design (CAD), Manufacturing and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). Dr Harik is an Associate Editor of the Computer Aided Design & Applications international journal. He has more than 3 million USD in funding from Boeing, NASA, SC Department of Commerce, Fokker Aerostructures, Dassault Aviation (funded as a student) and several other agencies. He is the recipient of the 2016 Outstanding Young Educator Award from Pi Tau Sigma Honor Society at the University of South Carolina. Dr. Harik is the chair of ACE’15, ACE’16 and ACE’17 Technical Symposiums (South Carolina Aerospace Conference and Exhibition) and was the chair of the PLM’16 International Conference held in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Ph.D., Industrial and Mechanical Engineering, Université de Lorraine - France, 2007.
- M.S., Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Université de Lorraine - France, 2004.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lebanese University ULFG2 - Lebanon, 2003.
- G. Rousseau, R. Wehbe, J. Halbritter, R. Harik, “Automated Fiber Placement Path Planning: A state-of-the-art review”, Computer Aided Design and Applications, Volume 16, Number 2, pp 172-203, 2019
- R. Harik, C. Saidy, S. Williams, Z. Gurdal, B. Grimsley “Automated fiber placement defect identity cards: cause, anticipation, existence, significance, and progression”, SAMPE 2018 Conference & Exhibition, Long Beach, California, US, 21 – 24 May 2018
- C. Sacco, A. Baz Radwan, R. Harik, M. van Tooren “Automated fiber placement defects: automated inspection and characterization”, SAMPE 2018 Conference & Exhibition, Long Beach, California, US, 21 – 24 May 2018
- K. Xia, R. Harik, J. Herrera, J. Patel, B. Grimsley “Numerical simulation of AFP nip point temperature prediction for complex geometries”, SAMPE 2018 Conference & Exhibition, Long Beach, California, US, 21 – 24 May 2018
- C. Pinna, F. Galati, M. Rossi, C. Saidy, R. Harik, S. Terzi, “Effect of Product Lifecycle Management on New Product Development Performances: evidence from the food industry”, Computers in Industry,2018, Volume 100, pp 184-195
- C. Saidy, L. Panavas, R. Harik, A. Bayoumi, J. Khoury, “Development of a Part criticality Index in Inventory Management”, Product Lifecycle Management 2017 (PLM17), July 9-12, Seville, Spain
- Y. Zhang, A. Bernard, R. Harik, K. P. Karunakaran “Build orientation optimization for multi-part production in additive manufacturing”, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing 28 (6), 1293-1407 (2017)
- A. Sabido, L. Bahamonde, R. Harik, MJL. van Tooren, “Maturity assessment of the laminate variable stiffness design process”, Composite Structures 160, 804-812 (2017)