Faculty and Staff
|Title:||Research Assistant Professor of Engineering Education
|Department:||Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
Ph.D. Science Education, University of Central Florida (UCF), 2017
M.S. Industrial Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2010
B.Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Tabriz, 2004
- Retention of engineering students from underrepresented groups
- Engineering student interactions with peers and faculty
- Engineering student wellness and mental health
- System thinking and System analysis
- Generational Family Patterns, and Engineering Entry and Persistence: A Bowen Family Systems Approach, NSF, Role: PI, $350,000, (10/1/22 – 9/30/25)
- Integrating Scholarships, Academic Assistance, Professional Development, and Wellness to Increase Undergraduate Retention in Engineering and Computing, NSF, Role: Co-PI, $998,243.00, (6/1/2020 – 5/31/2025)
- ENCP 789 – Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management (Spring 2020)
- ECIV 707 – Management of Engineering Projects (Spring 2019)
Gholizadeh, S. (2017). Socialization of Engineering Doctoral Students in the U.S.: A Phenomenological Study, Doctoral Dissertation, University of Central Florida, https://stars.library.ucf.edu/etd/5659/
Madani, K., Rouhani, O. M., Mirchi, A., & Gholizadeh, S. (2014). A negotiation support system for resolving an international trans-boundary natural resource conflict. Environmental Modelling & Software, 51, 240-249.
Madani, K., & Gholizadeh, S. (2011). Game theory insights for the Caspian Sea conflict. Proceeding of the 2011 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress (pp. 2815-2819).
Rouhani, O. M., Madani, K., & Gholizadeh, S. (2010). Caspian Sea negotiation support system. In Proceeding of the 2010 World Environmental and Water Resources Congress, ASCE, Providence, Rhode Island (pp. 2694-2702).